I was recently tagged by my friend Eric Asp who runs one of the Fiction Critique Groups in the Mezrab. What does that mean? you ask. Well, here are the rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
1. This month the Sahebdivani family celebrates being in Europe for 25 years. That's a quarter of a century! C'mon people of Iran, when do you start a counter-revolution already so the family can have a decent vacation in the old country! Lazy gits! Seriously though, we should have a party or something.
2. My mom just returned home from a visit to her relatives (her second trip in 25 years) with about a million pounds of extra luggage: gifts her family and friends gave her to bring to Amsterdam. At the airport they demanded almost € 200,- to fly all the extra weight. I seriously doubt wether all the stuff was even worth half of that, but try to decline receiving gifts from Persian relatives. In our culture even kindness has a hint of the grotesque.
3. I want Nicholas Gurewitch to of http://www.pbfcomics.com/ to start drawing again. I think the man is brilliant. Here's a few of my favorite ones:
4. At the age of 4 I decided to become a biologist. I was good at math and the sciences and breezed through school without much effort. There was even a bug named after me when I was 11, it goes by the latin name of: Scottotympana Sahebdivanii (it's listed towards the end of the page.) I even studied biology at the University of Amsterdam but dropped out in the first year to become a writer/storyteller/musician. This was the scariest thing I had done in my life, as I didn't think I was particularly gifted as a musician or a writer and got nervous speaking in public.
5. I think this is the coolest man to have walked the face of the earth:
6. I fall in love with voices. The most georgious women I've loved were plain in the eyes of my friends who were deaf to the melodies of their words or the tone of their voices. For me the faces of supermodels become misformed and too horrible to behold when they screech rather then talk or converse in a whiny wimper.
Here are the people I tag, should they choose to accept their mission:
1. Derrick / An old friend, I havn't seen him for years. He often brightens up my day with his sense of humor.
2. Tori / A partner in crime! We have the cynical view about life and people in general. She has an excellent (and famous) blog with her husband Kamran.
3. Cousin N. / I last saw him 23 years ago. I hope it won't take much longer for us to meet again. Write more in English mister!
4. Farnaaz / A very inspiring young Iranian woman.
5. William Gibson / I don't actually know William, but I like to pretend that he reads my blog on a regular basis. And if he does, so should you!
6. Alborz / My little brother. A man with a heart of gold. He doesn't have a blog, but maybe this will convince him to start one.
That was fun! I'm off to sleep now.